huephoric

+ FOLLOW
Embed custom fonts
Google Fonts offers only a limited selection of fonts and the one you want to use for your blog is not there so you've settled for a less-appealing one... but did you know you can embed ANY FONT YOU LIKE? well, you can as long as you have a copy of the actual font.
  1. First, go to FontSquirrel.com. Click "Add Fonts" button. Select "Optimal". Check the agreement and "Download your kit".
  2. After you have downloaded your @font-face kit .zip file, extract it.
  3. Now, you need to host it online. You can use DropBox if you don't have your own domain server. Copy the extracted files to your domain server (If you're using Dropbox, paste it in the 'Public' folder.)
  4. Find the 'stylesheet.css' and get its direct link (or in Dropbox, right-click it and click 'Copy public link'.) 
  5. Copy this code and paste it inside your head tags. 
  6. Replace the 'DIRECTLINK' with your own direct link.
  7. All you have to do now, is to put it in action! To do so, you must know the font's name in your file. In your files, look for "(yourfontname)-demo" open it in your web browser, click View Source (in Chrome, you just have to right click on the page and click View Source). Find body{ you must see font-family: '(yourfont)'; just below it. Copy the font's name and use it css codes or whatever.
I know this is a bit complicated so if you have any more questions, just leave me a tag.

Labels:

Post a Comment

3/12/2014 - BY エレイン
next → ← previous
Ellie
I'm ellie. 1997. I make pale icons and banners mostly based off of random weheartit images. All of my graphics are from my weheart it account so... um that is all. kbyeloveyou.

Fai
Hi I'm Fai. I enjoy making simple icons and banners. I enjoy reading and managing my sites. I use Photoshop, Photoshop Touch and Pixlr to do my edits.

e-
Hi guys, call me e-. I'm 16 and love OneRepublic and Katy Perry. Visit my blog? :)




'Florale' by Marcielago. Icons from thefadingnight.
Maker application is open
Request is open